RBI’s College of Agricultural Banking together with the Centre for Micro Finance, IFMR Research will host their fifth annual conference, “Microfinance: Translating Research into Practice” on January 9th and 10th 2012 in Pune. The objective of the conference is to actively engage stakeholders and researchers in discussions relevant to current and future microfinance practice. This year renowned development economists Professor Rohini Pande (Harvard Kennedy School), Professor Erica Field (Duke University), Annie Duflo, Executive Director, IPA, Prof. Susan Thomas, IGIDR will be present to discuss results from a number of recent studies conducted in the area of financial services for the poor.
The 5 thematic sessions of the conference are:
- Government’s New Rural Employment Generating Initiatives and Programmes
- The psychology behind mass default in joint liability loans
- Way Forward: Future of Financial Services for the Poor
- Financial Literacy: Can financial literacy accelerate financial inclusion and help customers make rational decisions?
- Financing Microfinance: Scope and opportunities